Three Types of Electronic Visas in the USA

a visa stampInvesting in the U.S. is the best option for people aiming for profit and those who want to get a non-immigrant visa. There is now a specific visa category for traders and investors: the electronic visa. This is meant for citizens of countries that have a navigation and commerce treaty with the U.S.

The electronic visa is the popular temporary work visa option for people wishing to invest, work, and live in the U.S. There are various classifications under this visa category. In Utah County, you can consult law firms such as Buhler Thomas Law, P.C. and get these three kinds of electronic visas.

E-1 Treaty Trader

This type of visa allows citizens of treaty countries to trade in different U.S. industries. To buy and sell in the U.S. under a particular company, at least 50% of the company should be held by citizens of the treaty countries. The immigrant should also maintain a significant position of responsibility in the company to be eligible for the E-1 visa.

E-2 Treaty Investor

This kind of visa is meant for immigrants who want to invest in the U.S. The investment should be large enough to have an economic effect in the U.S. If this investor is a business, it must be more than 50% owned by citizens of the listed treaty countries. Only essential personnel and the principal investor in the company are eligible for the E-2 visa.

E-3 Visa

This visa is dependent on one’s nationality. The E-3 visa is only open for Australian citizens with a master’s or bachelor’s degree in a particular profession. It is also open to spouses and unmarried people below 21 years old.

The time taken to process the given visas depends on their demand during your application period. It generally takes eight to ten weeks to get your application results if you work with a competent immigration attorney. The attorney will also help you in your application procedure to boost your chances of visa approval.